The focus of Disciplemaking is :
• Not to get people into heaven after they die – but before they die…
• Not only good news for death – but excellent news for life.
• Not only to get them into the Kingdom – but to get the Kingdom into them.
• Not to accept the Good News for the sake of sin-management – but to establish the reign of God in every aspect of our life.
• Not to let people develop into vampire-Christians : “I just need a little bit of your blood – for the day I die” – but to live like Jesus would have lived if
He was me, my age, my career, my context
• Not to follow Jesus only as a Saviour – but a Councillor for ordinary everyday situations.
• Not to just download grace to cover our mistakes – but about character transformation.
• Not to see God as fire-extinguisher in case of an emergency – but to follow God for the sake of Himself.
• Not to be saved for heaven – but for earth – and bringing heaven on earth.
• Not to be saved from hell – but for creation.
• Not only to be ready to die – but be ready to live.
• Not to get people to be Christian – but rather Christ-like.
For sure disciplemaking is about heaven. But then – heaven as in
• Life in abundance (John 10)
• Life before sin entered
• God’s will for every situation
“With all of this clearly in view, it becomes understandable why the simple and wholly adequate word for salvation in the New Testament is “life.” (Dallas Willard)
Exactly that is why heaven / eternal life is NOW. It’s already here – we have already entered it. Naturally we shall experience it much more deeply after death – but for disciples – death is the crossing between heaven lite and heaven supersize. John 17 : 3 : “Eternal life means to know and experience you as the only true God, and to know and experience Jesus Christ, as the Son whom you have sent”. (TPT)
Knowing is interactive relationship. It’s a living interaction with God. That is what eventually is going to come to earth. That is what has come to earth already, and we can make it a part of our lives. In so doing, we make our lives a part of God’s life.
Disciplemaking has as focus : “It is vital to live a holy life? We must be consumed with godliness, while we anticipate and help to speed up the coming of the day of God – there are coming heavens new in quality, and an earth new in quality, where righteousness will be fully at home” (2 Peter 3:11-13 TPT)
Enjoy disciplemaking – enjoy Life (before death).
All our appreciation for your role in the Kingdom!